Image Map

Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Literacy Centers

October is finally here which means, it's time for HALLOWEEN!!!!

I know that Halloween is at the end of the month, but I am a huge fan of holidays and costumes, so Halloween is right up my alley. Therefore the entire month of October is a Halloween celebration in my classroom. Most of my math activities and literacy centers are based on Halloween and I've made a few of my own Halloween centers.

The first is a pronoun activity. I created this as a review before we dive into reflexive pronouns. Student replace nouns in spooky sentences with subject/object pronouns. The activity I made students can either cut and paste the pronouns, or write them in, depending on how long the activity should take.






Click here for the download!


The next center I made was based on a Fountas and Pinnel phonics activity. (I use Fountas and Pinnel to supplement the basal reading program at my school). Students sort words that end in Y based on the sound the ending Y makes (either long E, A, or I). 








Click here for the words that end with Y word sort!

The most recent center I've made is similar to my Fall Long O word sort, but it focuses on Long E and is Halloween themed. Students sort long E words according to their "long E rule." The words are written on black cats and the rules are written on witches hats.




Click here for the download!


Man I LOVE Halloween!! Check back for many more Halloween activities! Lord knows there will be some more. 


Check out what other teachers have been making at 4th Grade Frolics' Linky Party





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...