Image Map

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Literacy Centers

It's the final countdown! Christmas break is approaching fast as is the holiday itself! I've been so busy making my holiday activities that I've barely had time to go shopping for my family. Luckily I can get on that since I've finished pretty much everything at this point except for one freebie. (Keep your eyes posted for that one in the next few days). Anyway, here they are!

My most recent center focuses on the suffixes -s, -ed, and -ing. Students take the base word printed on on Santa, then ad the suffixes -s, -ed, and -ing. They will be asked to drop the extra e, double consonants, and change y to i.



Click here to see it on TPT.

I also made a review of long/short vowels for my students. Considering they are a little hyper, I wanted to give them some review. Students sort ornament words into their vowel sound. This covers all the long and short vowels (no diphthongs) so it is a good way to wrap up the concept.







Click here to check it out on TPT.

I also designed a center for students to work on Au/Aw words. Students sort words that make the short o sound by their "rule": either au, aw, al, o, or ough. I designed it based on an activity from the Fountas and Pinnel book that I use for Phonics instruction.







Click here to look at it.


As I mentioned in earlier posts, I have a few other centers as well.


Pumpkin Pie Diphthong Sort

Students sort words that have the same vowel/diphthong sound as boat, cow, or toy.






Christmas Reflexive Pronoun Activity





Candy Cane Prefix/Suffix sort with -re and -ful





Phew! I gotta rest a bit before I get started on the centers for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...