Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Concept Board

I'm not sure about all of you, but there are a few skills that, no matter how much time they spent on it in first grade, my students STILL need extra support in. Particularly Parts of Speech, Money, and the Calendar. Some of this is due to the fact that I have a majority English Language Learner class and some of it is because it is just DIFFICULT.

I decided to create a "Concept Board." I use it as a place to put visual reminders of some of the more difficult concepts we're working on in class. If students can't remember what a pronoun is, they look to the concept board. When we're adding different types of coins and are confused between a nickel and dime, they look to the board. It's helped a lot during independent work. As their needs change, so does the board.

My classroom is tiny so I used one of my dry erase boards for the board. I'm really glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...