Image Map

Friday, March 1, 2013

March Currently

March firsts means time to participate in my favorite linky: Farley's Currently.



I was a theater major and college and always wanted to be Kristen Chenowith. Now I sing during my hour commute to and from work. 
Yup. Absolutely a theater major. This was singing in the Mikado.
Since I work at a year round school, I am going off track the last week in March (although my students don't, heh heh). I am looking forward to sleeping in, sweatpants, starbucks, and walks to the Golden Gate Bridge.

I. Am. Obsessed. With. Pinterest. Enough Said

Many of my parents speak Spanish as a primary language. Today I had a very frustrating conversation with one parent who cannot speak English. She was very upset (not at me) and I was unable to reassure her. I hate that.

3 weeks till I can prioritize sleep again. Just keep swimming...

I know that teachers can understand the need for wine and the loathsome feelings towards daylight savings transitions.... and if you haven't tried truffle cheese... do it.


Check out March Currently at...


8 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    How do you like teaching in a year round school? I'm fascinated with them and would love to work in one. It's funny that you mentioned Wicked. I was just watching a video with Kristen Chenowith and Idina Menzel. Love your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no such thing as spending too much time on Pinterest! Just think of all the fabulous lesson plans, recipes & home remedies you've found!

    Happy March!
    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I love Pinterest! I could spend hours looking through pictures of vacations, home decor, cooking, and best of all teaching materials!

    Have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could sing for an hour if my commute was that long. Don't we always sound the best in the car by ourselves with the radio blasting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to know what truffle cheese is!!!!!! I am addicted to cheese!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    P.S. Nobody can ever spend too much time on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love Wicked! Have you seen the show? We just got tickets to go see The Book of Mormon in a couple months which I could not be more thrilled about as well!

    Also, if you are interested in some Spanish resources, I would love it if you come check out my blog! I am a dual language teacher...maybe it would help you learn a few words ;), and if you ever need any suggestions for how to work with Spanish speaking parents, please send them my way...I'd be happy to help!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is adorable!! I'm your newest follower :)
    -Ciera
    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a theatre major turned second grade teacher too! Glad I found your blog :) I'm your newest follower. Please feel free to stop by if you get a chance!

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...